Thursday, September 24, 2009

2010 Prius Review

I've been driving the new 2010 Prius for a couple of days now. Generally, I really like it. It's definately different and takes a few days to get used to it. It has different modes for different amounts of, I guess horsepower and acceleration--the tricky part is being in the right mode at the right time. I'm currently getting 49.2 mpg average and I've driven it on and off the highway, which is easily double what I get in my minivan.

Interior: Not crazy about the new interior layout. I loved the 2009 interior with the screen and that has all been changed unless you are getting the GPS package. Since I already have GPS on my phone, I didn't see the point in upgrading to that package, but it does look cooler and comes with the backup camera, which could be helpful at times. Love, love, love the hands-free blue-tooth and keyless entry and start. I don't have to search for my keys or my phone anymore! It's very freeing. I understand not having lots of electronic gadgets that drain the battery, but I would've liked more control over the seats. Still not sure I've gotten it adjusted the way I'd like--but the lumbar control does help.

Exterior: Sleek and aerodynamic. Sensors in the doors allow you to lock and unlock without the key. Sometimes I wonder if it's smarter than I am. Would look really sharp with some cooler rims, but overall, it's nice.

Overall: I really like it. It's great for tooling around town--and you really see the difference in mpg's when you are running errands--no gas is used when you're waiting in line or at the atm as long as the battery is charged up. It's a solid vehicle and I always find myself going faster than I expect. Push the pedal and it goes...

No comments: