Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Welcome to Future...except on Election Day

I'm sure that others have it worse than I did, but I was astonished that I had to wait an hour to vote today. I've never had to wait before, EVER. I was told that there were new electronic voting machines, but in Mason, OH, that consisted of a piece of paper where you had to color in a bubble--yes, just like those standardized tests we used to take back in school. The only difference was that I got to feed it through the machine when I was finished.

But seriously, we had to wait for 7 minutes because the guy in charge of the sign-in sheet lost his pen. Why are there no pens at the polling place? I was highly irritated. That was made worse only because I didn't even get a sticker saying that I voted today. What a rip. Do they not know that if we don't get the sticker then there really is no reward? At least with the sticker, we get to feel good about ourselves everytime we pass someone who isn't wearing a sticker. Yes, it's juvenile, but true.

Granted this is important stuff and unfortunately, way to many people take it lightly and were reading ballot initiatives while they were voting. How can you make a decision about something that you haven't had time to think through. This is not a standardized test where you need to fill-in every bubble just in case you guessed right. You don't get a score for this--it's not about you. At least, not today.

1 comment:

Allison Tartalia said...

If it makes you feel any better, I've never gotten a sticker in all my voting years.